Recipe by loof
An unusual and elegant salad that is quick and easy to fix. It is from a 1990 cookbook called "365 Easy One-Dish Meals".
Top Review by wicked cook 46
This is unusual and elegant. My DH raved about this the whole time he was eating it. Great flavours and what a mix of textures, soft veggies , cruncy veggies, then the soft pear and then add the scallops. And as an HUGE bonus it is quick to prepare the longest part is cutting the veggies. But atcually quicker then making a tossed salad It is a meal like this that makes me wonder why we even have take out pizza on those rushed nights. LOL Mind you I forgot to add the pecans cause it was one of those rushed nights LOL So can't wait to make it again using the nuts cause we love the added crunch of nuts on our salads I used frozen scallops so it took maybe a minute or two longer to cook. This is going in My Divine Recipes of 2009 Cookbook. I am always looking for differents kinds of salads that are a meal and are quick Made for Photo tag Jan 2009
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 potato
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 3 pears (fresh, firm)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 7 cups salad greens
- 1 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots and potato. Cut the carrots, zucchini, and potato into thin strips. Core the pears and cut into 1-inch chunks. Slice the tomato into 8 slices.
- In a 12-inch skillet, combine carrots, zucchini, and potato with enough cold water to cover. Heat to boiling, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add scallops. Cook 2-3 minutes, until scallops are opaque throughout.
- Remove pan from heat. Drain and discard liquid.
- Add pears, pecans, and dressing and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the salad greens on 4 individual serving plates. Top each with 1/4 of the scallop mixture and 2 tomato slices.