Sarcastic Librarian's Note:
I came up with the recipe after looking for one and only seeing recipes that used corn syrup, cream and evaporated or condensed milk. I didn't see why you couldn't use honey and the 2% milk I had in the refrigerator instead. It has less calories than most of the other recipes I found (as long as you resist the temptation to eat the entire batch! LOL). Enjoy! I may put a in a dash of cinnamon or a little bit of vanilla extract in it next time and see how that comes out. I am thinking that my son would love this on his pancakes too. NOTE: This does thicken quite a bit after cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe container (I used a small glass measuring cup).
- 2Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds.
- 3Stir until completely mixed, microwaving for another 15 seconds if not warm enough.
- 4Add milk and stir (it probably won't all come together at this point).
- 5Microwave again for 15-30 seconds on 50% power.
- 6Stir until smooth.
- 7Pour over your favorite ice cream, cookies, muffins -- whatever! :).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Peanut Butter Sauce (For Ice Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g