Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with the recipe after looking for one and only seeing recipes that used corn syrup, cream and evaporated or condensed milk. I didn't see why you couldn't use honey and the 2% milk I had in the refrigerator instead. It has less calories than most of the other recipes I found (as long as you resist the temptation to eat the entire batch! LOL). Enjoy! I may put a in a dash of cinnamon or a little bit of vanilla extract in it next time and see how that comes out. I am thinking that my son would love this on his pancakes too. NOTE: This does thicken quite a bit after cooling.
- Mix peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe container (I used a small glass measuring cup).
- Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds.
- Stir until completely mixed, microwaving for another 15 seconds if not warm enough.
- Add milk and stir (it probably won't all come together at this point).
- Microwave again for 15-30 seconds on 50% power.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour over your favorite ice cream, cookies, muffins -- whatever! :).