This is an easy recipe I created one night when having a group of friends over for dinner. Instead of a complicated, fancy dessert, I aimed for the child within in creating something simple and fun. Everyone loved the warm banana covered in melted peanut butter and chocolate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. For an interesting presentation, serve and eat everything right out of the banana peel. Or if you don't care about aesthetics, you can squeeze the banana and stuffing out of the peel. Either way, it's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Hold a whole banana (with peel still closed and attached) with out-curve facing downward on a flat surface. Slit down the in-curve of the banana from top to bottom through the peel but not through the fruit inside. The peel on the out-curve should remain untouched.
- 3Carefully open the slit of the peel, being careful not to detach from top or bottom.
- 4Evenly spread 1/4 cup peanut butter inside the peel on both sides of the fruit.
- 5Top fruit inside and peanut butter with 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 6Close peel as well as possible around the banana and stuffing and wrap entire banana with aluminum foil.
- 7Repeat with remaining banana.
- 8Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 9Allow to cool for 5 minutes and carefully remove aluminum foil.
- 10Carefully arrange each banana upright on each serving dish and serve hot topped with 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream on each (if desired).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Peanut Butter - Chocolate Stuffed Banana
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.4
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 301.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 19.2 g