Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I saw Michael Chiarello on Food Network make this salad and it just looked so scrumptious. If you can't find prosciutto substitute thin slices of smoked ham. I can't wait for peaches to come into season to try this delightful looking salad.
- 10 slices prosciutto (very thin slices)
- 1 lb peach (about 3 large, peeled and cut into 8 wedges)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half crosswise and arrange in a fan on 4 dinner plates, 5 slices per plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Place the peaches in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and water over peaches and cover.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat melt the butter until the foam subsides and the butter has turned a light brown.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Drain lemon juice and water from peaches then add peaches to skillet and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour peach mixture over baby spinach and toss to coat.
- Divide evenly amongst the 4 plates of prosciutto and serve immediately.