Recipe by Norahs Girl
This salad is ideal as a Winter salad with it being served warm. Any small pasta shape can be used--small shells being ideal as it catches the dressing!
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 green pepper, julienned
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 black olives, stoned
- 2 tablespoons finely torn fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 chili, finely diced (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water to Pkt instructions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Place tomatoes, red and green peppers, spring onions (scallions), olives and basil in a large bowl.
- For Dressing:.
- Place garlic, oil, vinegar and chill in a screw-top jar; shake well to combine.
- Season to taste with pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Add warm pasta and dressing to salad bowl and toss lightly to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve whilst pasta is still warm.