Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow! Never been much of an oyster fan - all that slimy saltiness isn't really my cup o' cha, but I recently had hot oysters on a trip to the UK, and thwy blew my mind, so I recreated them with this recipe. Tried it out on some friends last night, two of which were devout oyster-phobes, and they're now definitely converted! Shucking the oysters can be a bit of a pain - that's why I get the old man to do it!
- Wash and shuck the oysters. Place the meat in the larger part of the shell, with about half the juices.
- Arrange oysters on a tray, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small pan, heat and simmer for a couple of minutes until fully combined.
- Chill until set.
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Top each oyster with 1tsp of the butter mixture and bake for 10 mins, or until the edges of the oysters are beginning to curl.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.