Prep 4 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Hannaford Supermarkets - posted here for safekeeping.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and zucchini, cook stirring 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and arugula; cook 2 minutes more.
- In large bowl, combine orzo, vegetable mixture and feta. Pour balsamic vinaigrette over pasta and toss gently.
We had this with dinner tonight, and it was delicious! I followed the instructions exactly, except I cut the basalmic in half to keep the flavors more diverse. If you have extra of the vegetables on hand, there is room to add 1/2 more of each without overpowering the pasta, but it's perfectly fine the way it is! I'm looking forward to trying the leftovers cold tomorrow!
Had this for lunch yesterday with a sandwich and it was delicious. The only change I did was use spinach instead of arugula. Also I cut the recipe in half. I mixed everything in the skillet at the end to save on a bowl and I mixed in the feta before I was serving it. All the flavors blended so well and was yummy. I made Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette for the vinaigrette. Delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe JackieOhNo. Made for Holiday tag Oct'09
This was a very nice pasta dish, I added 2 cloves garlic, roma tomatoes fresh off the bush, and I used spinach instead of arugula as I had some spinach that needed to be used. I cut back on the feta, and served it on the side (personal preference). DH just loved this ~ he is especially fond of the tangy flavor of the balsamic in the mixture. Thanks JackieOhNo for a new keeper recipe! Made for POTLUCK TAG, Feb 2009.