Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one of Ainsley Harriott's and is great for the summer. The mixture of duck and mango is fabulous.
- 450 g duck breasts, skin and bones removed
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 80 g baby salad leaves
- 1 small mango, skinned,stoned and cut into matchsticks
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Slice the duck into 1 cm wide strips and toss with the five spice.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the duck for 2 minutes, or until nicely browned but still pink in the middle.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the combined dressing ingredients.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To serve- Combine the salad leaves with the mango, beansprouts and duck mixture.
- Top with the onion, mint and sesame seeds.
Nice. I used chicken so it probably wasn't as flavorful as possible. I would make it spicier next time.