Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's essential that foo looks good as well as tasting terrific - and this salad looks and tastes fabulous. It's also low in fat and quick to prepare.
- 450 g skinless boneless duck breasts
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
FOR THE SALAD
- 80 g mixed baby greens
- 1 small mango, skinned. stoned and cut into matchsticks
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, shredded
- fresh mint leaves
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cut the duck into 1cm wide strips and mix with the five spice. Heat the oil in a wok and, when hot, add the duck strips and stir fry for exactly 2 minutes until nicely browned but still a little pink in the centre.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and clear honey. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To serve place the salad leaves in a large serving bowl and toss with the mango, bean sprouts and duck with dressing. Scatter over the shredded onions, mint and sesame seeds and serve.