Recipe by carolinafan
This makes a very attractive salad. You can use 5 cups packaged broccoli slaw or coleslaw mix for the Napa cabbage and shredded carrot. Allow 4 hours to marinade (included in cooking time.)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage (Chinese)
- 1 1⁄2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 green onions, sliced (with tops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, oil, gingerroot and garlic in sealable heavy duty plastic bag or glass bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Seal bag or cover bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Set oven control to broil. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Heat marinade to boiling in 1 quart saucepan; boil 1 minute.
- Broil chicken with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes; turning once. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Mix cabbage, carrots and noodles in large bowl. Arrange chicken on cabbage mixture. Sprinkle with green onions.