Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is my favorite way to make potato salad. I prefer it warm but eat it cold also. The measurements are all approximate.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, with skins
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- Scrub the unpeeled red potatoes under running water and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place in sauce pan with eggs and enough water to cover both by about 1/2 inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil for 11 minutes.
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs and add to potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in mayo, using enough to coat all the potatoes evenly. Add mustard and stir to distribute.
- Salt and pepper to taste. I use a lot of salt. Serve warm within the hour or chill for later.
I like my Potato Salad pretty basic as well. I can eat it both hot or cold, but prefer it cold. Usually I add another boiled egg (or two), a little chopped sweet pickle, and a dash of celery seed. Nothing beats a good old potato salad, and it goes well with everything, EXCEPT Cheerios!
Perfect for onion-hating-mustard-lovers (ok, so I added a good deal more mustard in order to qualify for that statement ;]) It's very yummy
Simple yet wonderfully delicious. This is my kind of potato salad.