1/3 Photos of Warm or Cold Potato Garden Salad
Really really tasty when warm and also yummy cold! You can half the recipe easily or double it! Haricot vert is French for green beans. Haricot meaning beans and vert meaning green. French green beans are longer and thinner than most American varieties. They are also more tender and have a more complex flavor. For the most part, they are interchangeable with American green beans which are also called string beans or snap beans. If you are unable to find haricot verts, substitute with the thinnest young green beans you can find. Made for the CrazeE contest 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 1 lb fresh French haricots vert, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed, cut in 1/2-inch pieces (optional)
- 2 scallions, sliced thin (or about 4 tbls. chopped chives)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (or chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3-2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8-1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 -4 tablespoons whole grain mustard (Dijon is good)
- 3 -6 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or 2 tbls. red wine vinegar and 1 tbls. balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried, chopped fine)
- chives (to garnish)
- 1Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with water, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt, and bring to a boil. Cook about 15-20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain, rinse under cold water.
- 2Meanwhile, bring another pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the haricots verts and zucchini for about 2-3 minutes, until beans turn bright green. Strain them and rinse and drain in colander with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 3In bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar(s), black pepper, and tarragon until smooth. Use the larger amount for lots of creamy dressing.
- 4Peel potatoes, cut into bite size chunks(1/2"-1"),.
- 5Place potatoes, zucchini and beans, scallions, eggs, and parsley into a serving bowl and toss gently with mayonnaise dressing. Garnish with chopped chives and serve warm or cold.
- 7If serving cold the next day, make a little more dressing and add some in when ready to serve. The potatoes absorb alot of the liquid and the salad may be a little dry.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm or Cold Potato Garden Salad
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: