Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A hearty cooked cereal, seasoned with cinnamon and loaded with chopped fruit and nuts. Serve it with yogurt and sliced bananas or blueberries. From taste of home.
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups seven-grain cereal
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until fruits are softened. Sprinkle individual servings with walnuts if desired.
This is a great recipe! I put all the ingredients in the crockpot and turned it on when I went to bed. I woke up to a delicious breakfast. Thanks so much for posting.