Recipe by English_Rose
Serve with crusty bread for a delicious appetizer or lunch.
Top Review by JustJanS
We thought this salad was pretty good thank you. Its fresh flavours which were just right for a hot summer's night. We ate it with spicy pork sausages and crusty bread as suggested. I had to use dried thyme (about 3/4 teaspoon) so used some parsley so it still had a fresh herb in there. I reduced the onion to half a small one.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 romaine lettuce, shredded
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces black olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté over a high heat for 5 mins stirring occasionally until pale golden.
- Add the garlic, thyme and lemon juice and seasoning to taste, stir well then remove from the heat.
- Arrange the lettuce in a large bowl, scatter over the remaining ingredients, then add the mushrooms and all the pan juices.
- Toss to mix and serve with crusty bread.