Recipe by thistleridge
Mushroom lovers dream! Prep in advance and re-heat dressing just before serving. Be prepared to pass out the recipe. I got the recipe from some upscale foodie magazine. Use a mixture of exotic mushrooms or button mushrooms.
- 3 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup gouda cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss mushrooms with lemon juice.
- Melt butter and olive oil. When butter is brown add mushrooms. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover & cook until liquid has evaperated and mushrooms are deep brown. Remove mushrooms and keep warm.
- Mix together remaining oil and vinegar, garlic tomato paste, sherry vinegar and sherry.
- Meanwhile melt 1 T. olive oil and add shallots, cook till soft and add vinegarette and mushrooms. Toss and simmer together 2 minutes.
- Plate salad greens and spoon on mushroom mixture.
- Top with shredded Gouda.