Recipe by s'kat
A warm mushroom salad, a warm late winter's eve.. I think perhaps I can make it 'till spring! I enjoyed it with purely the mushrooms and juices, but you may also prefer the traditional salad toppers. Courtesy DailyRecipe email service.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
My husband and I thought this salad was the best. The lemon-balsamic dressing had the most extraordinary flavor. I left-off the croutons but did sprinkle fresh grated parmesan cheese on top. I highly recommend this to all mushroom lovers. It is a delight. Thanks s'kat.
- 1 bag mixed salad green
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic-flavored croutons (optional)
- fresh parmesan cheese, shavings (optional)
- salt (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange greens on 4 salad plates.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic.
- Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in chives, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Simmer for a few seconds until very hot.
- Spoon over salad greens.
- Optional: Top with croutons, Parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.