Recipe by Sage
I found this recipe in the Foodland Ontario booklet; wonderful tasting combination. I had no raspberries when I made it so for the picture I added grapes.
Top Review by CraftScout
A great summer salad! The mushrooms added a different twist to a classic salad for us (spinach with berries and cheese). I made a raspberry vinaigrette, but couldn't taste much of the flavor of it in the finished dish. That was okay, though, as the berries I had were very ripe and delicious. I did love that this salad required no chopping, slicing, or dicing. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium hat. Add mushrooms, cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add raspberry dressing and vinegar,boil 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach,raspberries an pecans in salad bowl or arrange on idividual salad plates. Toss with warm dressing or spoon over salad. Sprinkle blue cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
- I have a recipe for Raspberry vinaigrette in my Salad Cookbook.