Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love to make this salad with steak. If you love shrooms as much as my husband and I do, you will make this salad over and over again. This salad will serve four, but we usually eat the entire bowl ourselves because you can't stop eating it! Very easy to make.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, remaining olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to pan and stir well.
- Cook till the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Pour over shredded romaine lettuce and serve.
Simple, easy and great. The mushrooms and dressing were so good though that next time I might double it.
Really enjoyed this recipe. We all liked the way the marinade for the mushrooms made a dressing for the salad. I think it is best when the mushrooms are very hot - right out of the skillet! I didn't have enough romaine so added some baby spinach and that worked well too. A nice variation on a green salad.
Terrific! I made the full recipe for just the 2 of us and every bit got eaten---so good! I thinly sliced a couple of small shallots that were the last in the bag and added them to the garlic. What a great treat this salad was with Linguine with Red Clam Sauce and Bacon(recipe# 303826)--wonderful mid-week dinner that I would gladly and proudly serve to the pickiest of guests! Thank You very Much!