Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I think this came from meals.com
Top Review by ellle
not real fussed... it was ok, but as someone who doesn't like dressing and therefore didn't have any, perhaps it is the dressing that makes it a meal. aside from that, it was a little bit of a flavour overload- perhaps the hot/cold combination doesn't work so well?? could just be me, but i don't think i'd bother with this again.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, peeled and sliced
Tarragon Salad Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is opaque but still pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine; cook about 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 T, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Salad Dressing.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Tarragon Salad Dressing: In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mayo, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Mix well before using.