Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think this came from meals.com
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, peeled and sliced
Tarragon Salad Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is opaque but still pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine; cook about 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 T, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Salad Dressing.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Tarragon Salad Dressing: In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mayo, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Mix well before using.
not real fussed... it was ok, but as someone who doesn't like dressing and therefore didn't have any, perhaps it is the dressing that makes it a meal. aside from that, it was a little bit of a flavour overload- perhaps the hot/cold combination doesn't work so well?? could just be me, but i don't think i'd bother with this again.