Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a drink that has become a family tradition. We make a pot for all winter family events. It goes well with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just a winter family get together. The best thing is that it is incredibly easy so you have a hot sipping drink and more time for fun with family.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 5 allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- Pour the apple cider into a wide pot over medium high heat.
- Add in the apple slices, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries.
- heat uncovered until it boils and then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Its ready to serve when the apples are cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- We use a ladle to spoon into mugs as needed, and leave it on a very low simmer all day.
Made a batch of this great tasting cider & just in time, what with the return of a little cold weather yet before the full bloom of summer! Outstanding as is, but then I find it's also very nice when I combined 3 equal measures ~ one of this cider, one of mango juice & one of a strongly brewed green tea! What can I say ~ My version of 'mixed' drinks! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for 1 of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]