Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
The fresh mozzarella for this salad is warmed in a hot oven for a short time, giving it this soft, luscious heavenly texture. The vinegarette and kalamata olives are a nice foil for the richness of the cheese. Buon Appetit! Oh the credit for this goes to a recipe card from Safeway... the fine print says "try-foods, int'l".. I've made a few adjustments
- 453.59 g fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced 1/2in. thick)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml ground toasted pine nuts (or any favorite nut, toasted)
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese (reggiano preferred, grated)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 709.77 ml mixed fresh salad greens
- 3 slice prosciutto, cut into strips crosswise
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive (pitted if you prefer)
- 118.29 ml fresh tomato, roughly chopped
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Marinate slices of mozzarella in olive oil 1-2 minutes per side.Mix bread crumbs with ground nuts, grated cheese, parsley and basil. Dredge cheese in breadcrumb mixture. Bake coated cheese at 425 degrees for approx 2-4 minutes. WATCH THE CHEESE. If it looks like it's getting TOO soft, PULL IT. we're not going for fondue here. Toss mixed salad greens with baslamic vinegar and oil and plate. Top dressed greens with mozzarella and then divide the proscuitto, olives and tomatoes among serving plates.
Lovely salad!!! I used a much higher ratio of pine nuts to the bread crumbs 'cause that's what we like. My SIL has already asked me to bring it for Christmas Eve.
Absolutely wonderful! I made this exactly and wouldn't change a thing. The parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts along with the other ingredients for the breading was right on! I will be making this again next week when I have guests over. Thanks for sharing, ChrissyG.