Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is good!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chiles (can use fresh or jarred)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, drained and sliced (you can use drained canned sliced olives)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and chilies and cook about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in spinach which has been squeezed to remove moisture and remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a shallow baking dish.
- Can be refrigerated at this point and baked later.
- Bake at 400 until bubbly and top is brown, about 35 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.