Recipe by Heidi Sue
This is a modification of a Mexican dip recipe that I make. It is a crowd pleaser and I am always asked to bring it to parties.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (I use a blend of shredded monterey jack and cheddar)
- 15 -20 slices jalapenos
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a hand mixer of food processor to combine sour cream and cream cheese. It should be smooth. Spread in 9x13-inch Pyrex dish.
- Spread refried beans over mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add jalapeños or black olives by sprinkling them on top.
- *I sometimes add other layers to the dip, such as salsa.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.