Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fall is just around the corner and this dish is perfect for cool evenings!
Make and share this Warm Maple Nut-Apple Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced tart apples (Mac's or Granny Smith's)
- 2⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat bring apples and syrup to a boil-reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Add raisins, nuts and remove from heat.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter and using a fork keep mixing until you get fine crumbs.
- Mix together the buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
- Pour over flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto warm apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.