1/4 Photos of Warm Maple Apple Pudding
A comfort food dessert with all the wonderful flavors of autumn. To bump up the flavor a little, add some chopped walnuts. From 300 Best Comfort Foods by Johanna Burkhard as published in our local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 8 inch square baking dish.
- 3In a saucepan, bring apples and syrup to a boil; simmer for three minutes or until apple is softened.
- 4Add raisins and pour into baking dish.
- 5In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter with a pastry blender to make fine crumbs.
- 6Beat egg, buttermilk and vanilla together in another bowl; pour over flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- 7Drop by large spoonfuls onto warm fruit.
- 8Bake 30 minutes or until top is golden and cake tester comes out clean.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Maple Apple Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 343.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g