Recipe by alligirl
From Miami chef Carmen Gonzalez -- Manchego is a firm Spanish cheese made from sheep's milk. Posted for ZWT.
Top Review by Chocolatl
Really good! I used the 1 3/4" muffin tins, and got 21 popovers (I could have gotten 24 from the batter, but my second tin holds only 9). I preheated the sprayed tins when heating the oven, and my popovers popped beautifully. We really loved the olives in these; they were just the right touch. Thanks for posting!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 ounces manchego cheese, finely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Lightly coat 24 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together eggs, milk, butter flour, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese, cilantro and olives.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top. Bake in 425º oven for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.