Marla Jones's Note:
I found this off of truffle-oil.com and am posting it here to save it. I haven't made it yet, so if someone has, please let me know how it is. One of these days I'll get around to buying some truffle oil and giving this a go. It sounds like it would be a very eye-appealing salad, too. The website offered the tips of using fresh herbs and not overcooking the lobster. I'm guessing on the yield and times, so please inform me of them when you make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs lobsters, cooked, shelled and diced
- 2 fennel bulbs, shaved as thin as possible
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, red and yellow
- 1 large red vine ripe tomato
- 3 bunches arugula, picked and cleaned
- 1 ounce white truffle oil
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces white balsamic vinegar
- 1 juiced lemon
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, cleaned and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Peel the large red tomato and puree it in a blender until smooth.
- 2Drizzle in 2 ounces of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- 3Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour into a bowl.
- 4Add the fresh tarragon and set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil with the truffle oil and lemon juice.
- 6Season to taste (I'm assuming, again with the salt and pepper) and toss with the shaved fennel to coat it evenly, reserving enough of the oil to dress the arugula.
- 7Place the tarragon-tomato dressing in a saucepan over low heat until just warm.
- 8Peel, dice, and drain the red and yellow tomatoes, then place them in a large bowl with the lobster.
- 9Toss with the warm tarragon dressing and season to taste.
- 10Dress the arugula with the remaining truffle oil dressing and arrange the fennel and arugula on individual plates.
- 11Top with the lobster-tomato salad and serve immediately.
- 12Do not make the dish ahead of time.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Lobster Salad With Arugula and Truffle Oil
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 287.5 mg
- Sodium 946.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 59.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white truffle oil
white balsamic vinegar