Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Serve with crackers or what ever you like.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- hot pepper sauce
- milk, as needed to thin (optional)
- Soften the cream cheese, and cut the lobster meat into bite size pieces.
- Stir all the ingredients together, adjusting the consistency with milk, as desired.
- Place into an oven-proof dish and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bake uncovered at 375F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
I had a few friends over and made this dip. Since there was less than ten of us, I only made half of the recipe. It started out in the oven, but when a friend showed up with mini pizza appetizers I had to finish heating it up in the microwave. It seemed fine as it was enjoyed and devoured by everyone. I used scallions for the onion, about 1/2 tsp. hot sauce and forgot the nuts. It was good with sliced baguette bread. I would make this again.
This was a smashing hit at my last gathering. Everyone loved it and it was gone in no time. Easy to make and store in the fridge before hand, so then you just snap it in the oven and then ready to serve. I didn't change a thing, and it was absolutely perfectly perfect!!! Give it a try!!!!
This wonderful recipe has gone far too long without a review! This was totally delicious. I only made half a recipe since we had a small gathering, and the only thing I did differently was that I only mixed in half the nuts and onion - the other half I put on top of the dip before baking. This was good with a variety of crackers and chips, and it would would equally well with crab, I think. This was a huge hit. Thank you!