I am really coming to enjoy lentils which is something I never would have anticipated in the past but they really are versatile. I stole this off a a vegan website and have been meaning to try it. I am sticking it here so I don't forget I have it. They didn't list serving amounts so I am guessing a tad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes, the type that aren't in oil
- 1 cup green lentil, sorted and rinsed
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 celery rib, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes with water to cover. Bring to a boil, remove the pan from the heat, and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
- 3Add the lentils and boil, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 4Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and continue to boil for 10-15 minutes, until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
- 5Drain, transfer the lentils to a mixing bowl, and toss them with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 6In a heavy skillet over medium heat, warm the remaining oil.
- 7Add the onion, carrot, and celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- 9Stir the vegetables into the lentils.
- 10Drain the tomatoes, slice them into quarters.
- 11Add them to the lentil mixture.
- 12Season the salad with vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Garnish with chopped parley. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Lentil Salad With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.3
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 248.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 27.1 g