Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This common garden weed known as Lamb's-quarters, pigweed, goose foot and wild spinach is free for the picking. For the safest crop, be sure to pick greens well away from major roads or other chemically treated areas, and wash the greens well before you use them.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (3 ounces)
- 3 cups lambsquarters, well washed
- Combine 4 cups water and lentils in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic in medium bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add lentils, cheese and lamb's-quarters; toss well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.