Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fresh and Zesty Pudding best served with cream. Can be eaten cold.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 275 ml self raising flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- preheat oven at 180°C.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (ribbon stage).
- Heat the milk, lemon zest, and butter in a pot and add the milk mixture slowly to the egg mixture.
- sift the flour, baking powder and salt, and fold into egg mixture.
- pour into a medium sized, greased dish and bake until golden and cooked through.
- Usually about 30-45min.
- for the syrop:.
- bring water and sugar to the boil, and pour over cooked pudding.