Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ripe bartlett pear (Anjou or Bosc)
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups arugula, cleaned and trimmed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the juice of 1 ½ lemons, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the chicken breasts; toss to coat; marinate chicken 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper together; whisk in 3 tablespoons oil, then the Parmigiano.
- Toast the rolls; rub the toasted cut sides with the garlic clove.
- Preheat a big nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side; remove to a cutting board and tend with foil.
- Thinly slice the pear and toss in a salad bowl with the juice of the remaining ½ lemon.
- Slice the prosciutto into strips; add the arugula leaves and prosciutto to the salad bowl; toss with the vinaigrette (dijon mixture).
- Thinly slice the cooked chicken; layer half of the chicken slices onto the rolls and top with the arugula-pear salad; add remaining chicken and roll tops.