- 6 medium leeks
- 2 tablespoons roasted walnut oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the dark green on the leek. Walnuts should be chopped and toasted.
- Bring large pot salted water to boil. Drop leeks in water and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and pat dry. slice leeks in half lenghtwise.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard and shallot together. Then add leeks and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 leek halves on each plate. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.