Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
A "fresher" version of the favorite bean dip. It can be assembled several hours ahead and then baked just before serving.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mild salsa or 1 cup salsa
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pitted and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, combine beans, half of the green onions, tomato paste, and water.
- Mash until well combined but still slightly chunky.
- Spread in bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheese over bean and then spread salsa over top.
- Bake until piping hot, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mash avocados just until slightly chunky.
- Stir in cilantro, red onion, lime juice and salt.
- Spoon this mixture over hot dip mixture and spread sour cream on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.