Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
The first time we ate this dip we went thru the chips like wildfire. Is a meal in itself. The bean, meat, cheese and salsa layers can be put together hours prior to cooking. Enjoy!
- 538.64 g can refried beans
- 9.85 ml chopped garlic
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml salsa (mix with beans)
- 453.59 g cooked ground beef
- chili powder
- 29.58-44.37 ml salsa (mix with meat)
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml salsa (as a layer itself)
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro
- 44.37 ml finely chopped red onions
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- tortilla chips
- In a bowl, mix beans, garlic, gr onions and salsa. Spread on bottom of greased casserole dish or serving dish.
- Season cooked hamb meat with chili powder and salsa to taste. Layer on top of beans.
- Sprinkle cheese next as a layer then hot sauce layer.
- Microwave until piping hot, making sure to cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mash avocadoes til chunky. Stir in cilantro, red onion, lime juice and salt.
- Spoon avocado mixture over hot dip mixture and spread sour cream on top. Sprinkle w/remaining green onions. Serve w/chips and hot sauce, if any left.
I followed directions and ended up with a snowy white top, but was tempted to put the very colorful red onion guacamole on top for color. This is a great, savory bean dip that would be welcome in front of any television sports event and also made a nice midweek supper for us.
Quick flavoful bean and meat dip! I will try this with black beans next time. My kids devoured this in no time, and I liked how the flavors blended together! I made for Spring PAC 2010 and this would be good for a potluck or sports party!