Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
The first time we ate this dip we went thru the chips like wildfire. Is a meal in itself. The bean, meat, cheese and salsa layers can be put together hours prior to cooking. Enjoy!
- 1 (19 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup salsa (mix with beans)
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- chili powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons salsa (mix with meat)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa (as a layer itself)
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips
- In a bowl, mix beans, garlic, gr onions and salsa. Spread on bottom of greased casserole dish or serving dish.
- Season cooked hamb meat with chili powder and salsa to taste. Layer on top of beans.
- Sprinkle cheese next as a layer then hot sauce layer.
- Microwave until piping hot, making sure to cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mash avocadoes til chunky. Stir in cilantro, red onion, lime juice and salt.
- Spoon avocado mixture over hot dip mixture and spread sour cream on top. Sprinkle w/remaining green onions. Serve w/chips and hot sauce, if any left.
I followed directions and ended up with a snowy white top, but was tempted to put the very colorful red onion guacamole on top for color. This is a great, savory bean dip that would be welcome in front of any television sports event and also made a nice midweek supper for us.
Quick flavoful bean and meat dip! I will try this with black beans next time. My kids devoured this in no time, and I liked how the flavors blended together! I made for Spring PAC 2010 and this would be good for a potluck or sports party!