1/2 Photos of Warm Lamb Pumpkin and Pesto Salad
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a very quick and easy meal to put together, it is healthy, tastes great and also makes for a reasonably light meal. I always make more pumpkin as i like to make pumpkin soup the next day, although this time I did try a new recipe for the pumpkin which I really enjoyed I will be posting that one over the next few days. You will see from the photo I accidentally over cooked the lamb I got side tracked I much prefer my lamb quite pink in the middle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- ground cumin
- 700 g butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 4 lamb fillets
- 2 -4 teaspoons pesto sauce, per fillet (Depending on the size of them.)
- 290 g mixed grilled vegetables, drained, eggplant, peppers etc... (160g net)
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, extra
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Place pumpkin pieces in a bowl drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and stir to combine.
- 2Either cook pumpkin on stove top, covered, over a medium heat in a fry pan or roast in the oven until tender, about 30 Min's.
- 3Rub 2-4 teaspoons of pesto over lamb fillets and cook until browned in both sides and done as desired. Rest and slice into strips.
- 4Mix 1 tablespoon pesto with the drained grilled vegetables.
- 5Toss spinach in the lemon juice.
- 6To Serve: Divide spinach among plates top with pumpkin, sliced lamb and grilled vegetables and garnish with basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Lamb Pumpkin and Pesto Salad
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: