Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
Great summer eating!
- 500 g lean lamb fillets, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 medium roma tomatoes, quartered
- 500 g pasta (bows, spirals)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- Combine lamb, oil, 1 tsp of the sugar, juice, wine, sauce, garlic and rosemary in bowl, cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain lamb, reserve marinade.
- Place tomatoes in single layer on an oven tray, sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to large pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Coat non-stick pan with cooking oil spray, add lamb in batches, cook until browned and tender.
- Return lamb to pan, add reserved marinade, stock and parsley, stir until mixture boils.
- Gently toss with pasta, tomatoes and spinach.
this was a pretty easy recipe. everybody liked it. i was glad to get a recipe that uses lamb because we have a farm and lamb is plentiful
Excellent recipe. However, I had to double and triple the amount of spices such as garlic, chilly, etc. as well as adding cardamon (goes great with lamb).
I LOVED this salad. The lamb is sooo wonderfully flavored, moist and tender. The salad is a terrific collection of colors and makes an attractive presentation.