Recipe by JustJanS
You could add cooked rare beef, chicken or prawns to this if you wish to make more of a meal of it. **remember an Aussie tablespoon is 4 teaspoons
Top Review by bricookie55
Awesome! Easy, quick, and delicious! I left out the broccoli because I was out of it, and I only put in one onion, but otherwise I followed the recipe. This will be great served cold for lunch as leftovers, but it was great warm for dinner as well. Thanks!
- 250 g soba noodles or 250 g thin spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 12 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sweet Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup thinly diagonally sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles according to the packet directions, drain, transfer to a large bowl and toss well with the sesame oil.
- Heat a frying pan and spray with oil. Add the capsicum, broccoli and onion and stir fry for about 3 minutes-or until tender-crisp.
- In a medium bowl, blend the peanut butter and warm water. Add the soy sauce, mirin, vegetables to the noodles; spoon sauce over and toss.
- Add the garlic ginger, chili sauce and spring onions; whisk well.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.