1 hr 8 mins
From Southern Living, December 2013. Bacon and trendy kale update the more traditional hot spinach dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 bacon, slices (chopped)
- 1 lb fresh kale (stemmed and finely chopped)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 1/2 ounces shredded asiago cheese (about 1 cup, plus 2 T)
- 4 1/2 ounces shredded fontina (about 1 cup, plus 2 T) or 4 1/2 ounces swiss cheese (about 1 cup, plus 2 T)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- assorted crackers (to serve) or toasted bread, slices (to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven.
- 3Sauté kale, onion, and garlic in hot drippings 7 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Add wine, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until particles loosen from bottom of Dutch oven.
- 4Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth.
- 5Stir in Asiago cheese, next 4 ingredients, and kale mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 1- to 1 1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 6Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes; top with bacon. Serve with crackers or toasted bread slices.
- 7Note: To make ahead prep recipe through Step 2. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temp 30 minutes, then bake.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Kale-And-Asiago Dip
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 38
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 91.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: