Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe courtesy of a restaurant called Big Bowl, which is a casual pan-Asian type of bistro where customers eat savory dishes with noodles or rice.
- 1 cup just- cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh red fresno chiles (or other chile)
- 2 tablespoons ground dried shrimp
- 2 tablespoons ground golden peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup finely julienned cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 mint leaves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fine peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 -8 medium shrimp or 6 -8 large shrimp, butterflied and poached until just done
- mixed greens
- When the rice is just cooked and has sat 10 to 20 minutes, combine it with the chile, dried shrimp, peanuts, cucumber, cilantro leaves, and mint.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, oils, and sugar, and mix into the rice.
- Toss in the black pepper and shrimp.
- Serve on a bed of greens.
- **Cook time does not include poaching the shrimp or cooking the rice and letting it sit for 10-20 minutes.