Recipe by South Carolina Girl
This recipe's 8 points can be lowered by reducing the amount of pasta, oil, or cheese used. It yields 1 vegetable serving, the Weight Watchers daily oil requirement, and 34g whole grains. It is all Core except for the cheese. It was adapted from "Warm Italian Shrimp Salad" in Pillsbury's Good for You cookbook. ***Don't try this yet! I need to adjust it first. :-)
- 8 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons basil
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Place shrimp in colander or strainer; rinse briefly with cold water.
- Let stand in colander until pasta is cooked.
- To drain pasta, pour over shrimp in colander.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Gently stir cooked pasta and shrimp into tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately.