Recipe by keribarr
Deliciously yummy pudding great for a cold winters night and wonderfully quick and simple to make
Top Review by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is the fastest "oven-to-stomach" cake I've ever made!! Within half an hour, more than half was eaten. Made it in a square 8x8 tin. Taste much better warm. As it cools, it is still good but... Definite keeper. Perfect for unexpected guests as it takes less than an hour to prepare from start to finish. I used Macademia Honey. And yes, DO NOT overmix the batter.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to moderate (180°C).
- Grease a 20 cm round baking dish.
- Sift flower& baking powder.
- Add sugar to flour& mix.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Add egg mixture and the melted 3 tablespoons margarine to flour and blend gently (Do not overmix).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Melt the honey and 3 Tablespoons margarine.
- Pour over hot baked cake and serve.