Deliciously yummy pudding great for a cold winters night and wonderfully quick and simple to make
Make and share this Warm Honey Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to moderate (180°C).
- Grease a 20 cm round baking dish.
- Sift flower& baking powder.
- Add sugar to flour& mix.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Add egg mixture and the melted 3 tablespoons margarine to flour and blend gently (Do not overmix).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Melt the honey and 3 Tablespoons margarine.
- Pour over hot baked cake and serve.
This is the fastest "oven-to-stomach" cake I've ever made!! Within half an hour, more than half was eaten. Made it in a square 8x8 tin. Taste much better warm. As it cools, it is still good but... Definite keeper. Perfect for unexpected guests as it takes less than an hour to prepare from start to finish. I used Macademia Honey. And yes, DO NOT overmix the batter.
Awful. This cake requires WAY too much baking soda and the outcome is the cake tasting like baking soda. It would be a better cake if vanilla and less baking soda was in the recipe.
I made this for Rosh Hashanah in a round cake tin. I melted the honey and butter together, poked holes in the cake with a fork, and poured it over the hot cake. Very simple to make and delicious.