Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This side dish is a favorite of ours.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens, i like swiss chard,spinach and kale
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet.
- Add greens.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in honey, vinegar, and salt.
Inez, this was soooooo goood!!! My new favorite way of fixing my greens. The balsamic vinegar and the honey were just right! I used frozen collard greens. I will try fresh greens next time. Thanks so much!!!!!
First time I made greens. I used beet greens that I won (among other things) at a farmer's market drawing. The next week I bought a huge bunch of greens and made this again. Didn't have balsamic vin; I used white wine vin (idea from another greens recipe here on 'zaar). Excellent way to down all those great vitamins!!
My husband loved this! Thanks for a good one Mizz Nezz.