Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from an Italian friend's visiting mother. It goes great with grilled chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs slender green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 18 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place beans in bowl of ice water to cool.
- Drain well.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pine nuts and sauté until light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic; stir 1 minute.
- Add green beans to skillet; sauté until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.
Delicious! My husband and I both really liked this prep alot! Kids, no. But who asked them anyway? More for us! And I'm probably slow, but prep time for me was more like 15 minutes. Thank you Mirj's Italian friend's visiting mother! lol
I had leftover greenbeans so decided to make this recipe. Glad I did as we thoroughly enjoyed the result.