Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
With sun dried tomatoes and bacon, this is the tastiest green bean salad I've had. It looks pretty too! Got this recipe from the Ralph's grocery store.
- 1 lb small red potatoes or 1 lb white potatoes or 1 lb yellow new potato
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pcs. (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bottled parmesan salad dressing (I like Ken's Steak House) or 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing (I like Ken's Steak House)
- 4 cups pre-washed italian salad greens
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Halve or quarter potatoes. In a small saucepan cook potatoes and green beans, covered, in lightly salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan. Gently toss with dried tomatoes and salad dressing.
- Place greens in large serving bowl (pre-bagged type is fine). Stir in potatoes and green beans. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles, if desired.
- Recipe notes: Pick fresh, crisp and tender green beans that snap when you break them. Try to select ones that are consistent in size to ensure even cooking. Wash in cool water, drain, then remove stems and tops. You can cook green beans either whole, sliced or slivered. Steam, boil or microwave as quickly as possible to preserve the nutrients.
- Per serving: 130 calories, 21g carbs, 5g protein, 4g fat, 4g fiber, 5mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium as listed but can vary depending on what type of dressing you use.
- For Vegetarian omit bacon.
Was going to make this without the bacon as part of a supper with my veggie son & his wife, but then they had to cancel, so I added the bacon in to check out the taste ~ HANDS DOWN WONDERFUL! However, another time, when the vegetarians are here, I'll make it again just for them! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]