Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Chatelaine magazine. Perfect for grilling season!
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 1 long French baguette
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 large minced garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 24 large fresh basil leaves
- Preheat barbecue and lightly oil grill.
- Thinly slice cheese.
- Slice baguette in half horizontally. Then slice each half into 4 pieces.
- Stir oil with garlic.
- Lightly brush bread with oil mixture. Grill, cut-side down, until toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn bread and top with feta. Grill 2 to 3 minutes, until grill marks start to appear on baguette and feta begins to soften. Place on serving plates. Cover with tomato slices and basil leaves. Then drizzle with any remaining garlic-and-oil mixture and add a grinding of fresh pepper.
- Serve right away.
Yum, this is just what I was craving today! I scaled the recipe down a little, used little basil leaves fresh from the garden! Thanks Redsie!