Recipe by Random Rachel
I love Kalamata olives, and find that they add a rich, savory flavor to my meals. (I get mine from big lots, look for them by the specialty foods in your grocery store.) This simple salad is a great use for leftover pasta - or you can make pasta just for this recipe. The ingredients are all msg free and low in free glutamates - if that is not a concern for you a few halved cherry tomatoes would be a great addition. This make three small or two large servings.
- 3 cups cooked whole grain noodles (like macaroni)
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 1⁄3 cup chilled kalamata olive
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, combine olive oil and butter. Cook spinach, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes, until wilted.
- Stir in pasta and continue cooking until warmed through (about 2 minutes.)
- Divide into 2-3 serving dishes and sprinkle with olives, feta, and pine nuts. Drizzle with additional olive oil for added flavor.