Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a rich and chocolatey single layer cake. you can mix it and bake it in the same pan. serve it warm - with real whipped cream and fresh raspberries on the side.
- melt butter over low heat in a round 9" cake pan.
- remove from heat and add cocoa - stir.
- add sugar, eggs and vanilla - stir.
- add flour, baking powder and salt - mix well.
- sprinkle half (1/4 cup) of the chocolate chips and all of the sliced almonds on top of the batter.
- bake (in the same pan) at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- remove from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. cut into wedges and serve warm.
This turned out very dry, which is surprising with a 1/2 cup of butter as an ingredient. I baked it for 18 minutes.